Toompea Castle is open to the public. Our professional tour guides give visitors free guided tours of the Riigikogu and speak of the history and the work of the Riigikogu. Book an interesting and free guided tour.
NB! From December 22, 2023 until Jaunary 7, 2024 Parliament buildings are closed for the visitors.
- Groups (10-35 people).
- Tours centre around the work of the Riigikogu and a brief overview about Toompea Castle.
- Previously registered group tours take place from Monday to Thursday at 10.00 and 12.00. On Fridays at 10.00.
- NB! Guided tours need to be booked in advance. There are no group tours without registration! On Saturdays and Sundays Parliament buildings are closed to visitors.
- The maximum group size is 35 people. Minimum group size is 10 people.
- In Estonian, English or Russian.
- Duration of the guided tour 45 minutes.
NB! Currently there are lot of groups visiting the parliament, please book the tours about 1-1,5 months ahead.
Tours for individual visitors
- Next available guided tour for individual visitors will start from April 5, 2024 on Fridays at 11.00. There are no tours available for individual visitors in autumn and winter 2023/2024.
Please note: You need to present a valid photo identification document to gain entry to the Castle: ID-card, passport, driver’s licence or student card.
Entry to the Riigikogu is from the right hand foyer. Tour programme may change in connection with events organised in the Riigikogu.
There are no audio-guides available. All the guided tours must be accompanied by our Chancellery professional guides. Toompea Castle is a part of Parliament buildings and is included briefly in a guided tour.
Tall Hermann tower is closed to public visitors. It is open to visitors three times a year: on the Riigikogu Open House Day in April, on the National Flag Day on 4 June and on the Day of Restoration of Independence on 20 August.
Your feedback is important. Please share it with us!