NGO Mondo and the Estonian Foreign Affairs Committee invite You to the seminar
Women in Politics: Weaker Sex or Strong Actors?
Wednesday, October 19th 2016, 9:30-13.00, The Parliament of Estonia (Lossi plats 1a, Tallinn)
- Why and how to support women’s political participation home and abroad?
- What are the obstacles for women’s political participation?
- How does having more women in politics impact the society?
- Who has the right to decide for the women and talk on their behalf?
We will debate these questions with politicians and experts from Estonia and Nordic countries.
- Eva Biaudet (Finnish MP, Chairperson of Political Parties of Finland for Democracy – Demo Finland);
- Birgitta Ohlsson (Swedish MP and former Director of Swedish International Liberal Centre);
- Alexandra Rosén (Senior Director, The Women in Parliaments Global Forum);
- Daniel E. Schaer (Estonian Ambassador to Macedonia);
- Maryan Abdulkarim (Founding members of new feminist party in Finland);
- Helen Biin (Labour & Social Policy Analyst from Praxis, Estonian socio-economic research centre)
The list of experts will be finalized by October 1st 2016.
Your feedback is important. Please share it with us!